One of my best Christmas presents this year was a voucher for a sushi lesson at Yo! Sushi. I went a few weeks ago and learned the basics of how to put together sushi rolls. Since then, I’ve fallen in love with the Japan Centre and have made a few initial attempts at making my own. I need to properly set aside more time – these ones are a bit rushed and messy as a result. A change from Pret’s overpriced offerings, no? Anyway, here’s some red pepper maki and some cucumber (british, carefully washed!) and smoked salmon (only sainsburys – I’m not venturing into sashimi territory until i get better at sourcing fish) maki.
Cake Against Cuts
some things I've written about
- RT @natachakennedy: Argentina has had gender self-determination for #trans people for five and a half years. During that time there hav… 2 weeks ago
- RT @parislees: Right, we've got to clear up all this nonsense about "women" versus "trans people". A loud and obsessive minority of people… 2 weeks ago
- RT @johnmcdonnellMP: Today I will set out Labour’s demands for an emergency Budget next week to end the crisis in our public services http… 4 weeks ago
- RT @johnmcdonnellMP: Next week Labour are demanding an emergency budget to address the crisis in our public services twitter.com/UKLabour/statu… 4 weeks ago
- @BBCRadMac I didnt have that adventurous a childhood, but would like still to be praised for sitting still or for eating all my dinner 4 months ago